May 13, 2013

0.8.5b demo (well kind of)

After checking my inbox and reading through hundreds of thousands of hatemails and REVERT3D questions I decided its seriously time to do an update here :p (just kidding - partially) I'm astonished just how many people still seem to be interested in this stuff and try to get their hands on. So, I tried to get the downloads back online which led me to the conclusion that I should begin to backup my release packages :( I finally had to take the "brand new" developement branch and convert it into a more or less stable release version - There werent any older releases left. And thats where eerie problems may pop up...

- Key mappings have changed. Check the help pages using F1
- The whole scripting part was torn apart and redesigned heavily
- To end the game-testmode press CTRL+F9 ! Theres just no other way out
- I discovered there are still some test routines left which could do funny stuff with the bots in some situations - Just for the case you're wondering whats up with these AI buddies in the demo map.

... and just thousands of things which I certainly forgot about - for sure. I'll really do my best to get back into this stuff but as you probably have noticed: I've been really busy with a lot of things which weren't related to developement of oldschool game engines for quite a long time.

Thanks to Kyle, who provided a better, safer webspace at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2321290/REVERT3D_085_20130513.rar

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 14, 2013

    Oh wow, i was starting to think this project would've died O_o
    amazing to see you back at work robert! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 24, 2013

    this project is awesome. been tinkering for a while and just came to check for a new version - and there is!

    thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete